Monday, April 14, 2014

Thrifty Decor, $20 Carving

I simply LOVE thrift shopping!  As a kid I hated getting dragged around antique markets and goodwill stores, but as an adult I appreciate that I was exposed to finding gems in the rough, learning the value of what is one man's trash is another's treasure, and all the great aspects of recycling and upcycling.  Recently I found this carving at the local Goodwill for $19.99 (which I thought was a high price), it has a tiny bit of wear and tear, but I am SO glad I bought it!  It now hangs in my new kitchen, and I love the artistic expression, color, uniqueness, and style it adds.  The carving is signed "Ruelas".  I can't seem to dig up much about the artist, but I appreciate it immensely, and happy it has found a home.  Yay for art originality and bringing this home for just 20 bucks!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

And it looks great in your new kitchen!

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see you kitchen!