Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ruthie in the garden

Mark and Ruthie had a nice gardening session yesterday afternoon, and it was such a sweet sight to see.  Ruthie had an awesome time digging, following Dad around and enjoying dirt. Mark asked me numerous times if it was OK she was getting so dirty, I yelled from the kitchen, "I want her to have a fun childhood, I really don't care". Later Mark came inside and said, he agreed, stating that you can buy new clothes, but you can never have your childhood back. Get messy, Ruth!



5 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh Ruthie! I'm so glad you get to have fun and get "messy" in your garden! That's what gardening is all about, right? You remind me of your Auntie Carol M. as she LOVED digging in the dirt with me and her Daddy too. And now she has a REALLY BIG garden! We'll be looking forward to see what is planted and growing in your garden pretty soon, okay?

Such sweet pictures and fond memories! We all three of you bunches!

N said...

She is so cute! And I agree... let her get messy!

Can't wait to see her in a few weeks! Oh, and you guys too! :)

Anonymous said...

So Ruthie, did you get to say Hi to some cute little worms?

Mario said...

That's a lot of hair. she looks like she's growing up fast.. Can't wait to come again to visit. Love you, family!

P.s. Good to see you are giving her sharp things to play with:)

Julie said...

What priceless pictures! Looking forward to seeing you garden. It was wonderful to see you the other night at Mike and Jen's.