Just this afternoon, I got a jumpstart on my weekly chores and started a few loads of laundry. Ruthie loves to "help" with the laundry sorting (she's often caught playing dress up with Mommy's tank tops); anyhow, this afternoon I was taking clothes out of the washing machine and placing them in the dryer, at the same time hanging certain items on the drying rack. Meanwhile in Ruthie's world, she herself was a busy little bee, moving clothes to and fro, playing with pantry food items (on a shelf near the dryer), and of course...making mischief! I proceed to begin a new load of laundry, clean the dryer lint filter, start the dryer and shoo Ruthie out of the laundry room. Well, about 45 minutes later, I hear what sounds like screws, nails or pennies in the dryer?!#! "What in the world"? I open the dryer to a tumbling of clothes and pasta noodles! Our little bugger, Ruthie, took a box of noodles from the pantry shelf and threw the whole thing in the dryer when Mommy had her back turned! After a few laughs, we shook out all the clothes, found all the mini-pasta shells, found the soft worn pasta box, used the dust buster inside the dryer to suck up the residual pieces and then gave Ruthie a little lecture.
Oh, the joys and stories of parenthood!

4 comments:
Oh, Ruthie, that was very sneaky!! How quickly these little ones can get into mischief when we're not looking! But in retrospect it's pretty funny, right Mom and Dad? I can just hear those noodles making all that noise!
What a fun story! Sounds like Momma's little helper is full of surprises--and this is just the beginning!
Hilarious.
Oh they are so whimsical! Isn't it so hard to be mad when they are so funny?
Post a Comment