Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Good-bye Pacifier...

Ruthie absolutely loves her pacifier, though we feel she is at a point where she no longer needs it. So we made a decision yesterday that it's time to say "Good-bye". At this point she was only using pacifiers during nap times, bedtime and in the car (and the occasional play time when she would discover one around the house). But I am proud to say that we made it through the first night without a pacifier! Ya-hoo! And it wasn't as hard as we feared! We had to rock her in the rocking chair a few more times that we normally would, and she cried a bit more than normal, but I know this will pass as she adjusts to life without the paci! I'm partially writing this in hopes it keeps me accountable, and that when I feel desperate, they stay in the box! Wish us luck! Good-bye baby pacifier! Toddler-hood, pacifier-free, here we come!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations! That's a big step. I admire your courage! You guys can do it!!! All Ruthie needs is your love. :)

Unknown said...

Throw them in the garbage!!

Unknown said...

I forgot.... You'll feel the "it was easier than we thought," so many times after you accomplish a feat in child rearing!

Unknown said...

I was wondering why was it saying "cooperative" then I realized it's because the preschools email address was signed in. Anyways, it's Alicia!