I started 2015 with the resolution to compete in summer triathlons (which I am still planning to do - I love my new bike!), but my heart has fallen in love with running again... I ran long-distance in high school track, and have participated in a few races over the last decade, but I've never dug in so deep. I crave the feeling of the cool wind on my face, the rush of sprinting down the street, and the euphoric high felt all throughout and after each run. It has been a great boredom buster/anxiety management tool that has brightened my world on so many levels, so why not?! I'm having fun and running fast, and I want to run even faster (while I still can!). There may just be a marathon in my future too, something I never thought I'd say!
RESULTS
Mercer Island 10K, Sunday March 22nd. Time: 52:13 (8:24/mile pace)
Bellevue "All in for Autism" 10K, Sunday, April 26th. Time: 49:47 (8:01/mile pace)
Kirkland Half Marathon 13.1 miles, Sunday May 10th. Time: 1:52:08 (8:34/mile pace)
Spirit of Bellevue 12K, Sunday May 31. Time: 1:03 (8:29/mile pace)

2 comments:
You are inspiring! Way to go!
Amazing times! So proud of you!
Post a Comment