Wednesday, November 12, 2014

NaNoWriMo - Creative Writing Challenge


Most mornings this November my kitchen table looks like this... My writing stuff, Leah's toys cluttered around me, and lots of coffee cups strewn around.

This year I'm participating in the annual NaNoWriMo event, National Novel Writing Month!  I'm working on a novel alongside other adults around the world, and locally through a creative writing class with Bellevue College, and it has been a blast.  I'm almost half-way through my 50,000+ word novel, a process that has been incredibly challenging, insightful and fun.  Thanks to my good friend, Kathy, who is also participating, writing a novel of her own; it's been nice to have camaraderie and encouragement from someone else taking the plunge!  Now, don't count on seeing this book in the bestsellers section of the bookstore, Mark will be lucky if I let him read it should I choose to edit and share it!  Speaking of Mark, I'm so genuinely grateful for his support, being married to someone who believes in me so wholeheartedly is the best gift in the world!

Today, I'm at 23,327 words (roughly 64 pages!), just keep typing, typing, typing!  You can learn more about the annual NaNoWriMo event here... http://nanowrimo.org/


2 comments:

Julie said...

Glad you're enjoying the process! And that Mark is so supportive. If you're sharing, sign me up!

Lindsay Soetaert said...

Way to go, Esther! That is so brave and plain awesome. Woman of many talents, my hats off to you!