Sunday, September 21, 2014

September Moments to Savor


With a new schedule for our family fully underway, the happiest person of all (perhaps!) is Mom.  Ruth loves first grade.  Leah happily finished her first week of preschool, hooray!  And Mark is working up a storm - he just returned from a short trip to California.  The firm schedule has put us all in a routine that is productive and fulfilling.  And with my new bit of free time, I've been trying to embrace the quiet time, seeking more balance, and have better self care.  Most Moms become martyrs to their families, and I am no exception.  So last week while Leah was in preschool I took extra time to savor being alone, I visited my favorite local antique shop, enjoyed an extra cup of afternoon coffee, watched a movie (granted I was folding laundry) and ignored some phone calls...  My goal for the upcoming weeks is to to schedule a cup of coffee with a girlfriend and  hit lap swim a few times.  Here are some snapshots from happy moments we had last week - looking forward to more joy in the months to come.
Huntington Beach, CA

1 comment:

Lindsay Soetaert said...

Enjoy that time, friend!!!