| north shoreline, discovery park, seattle |
One. Never feel scared to share your wants/needs with your community. Ruthie has been consistently asking for a "Barbie Dream House" for over three months. She wanted one for Christmas. She asked for one on her birthday in January. And at the end of February, she was still asking. So I finally took time to seriously consider the purchase. I inquired through Facebook what my friends thought of the toy, and within a few hours an old friend was offering us theirs as a hand-me-down free of charge. Seriously?! Wow! I couldn't shake the bible verse "Ask and it will be given to you". But before anything will be given to you, you have to ask and make your wishes known to the universe! This was such a cool meant-to-be experience.
Two. Never take your children on an undetermined distance/terrain hike. It can be painful. After picking up the aforementioned Barbie Dream House, we thought we'd take the girls on a nearby walk to the beach park. We rarely visit the Magnolia neighborhood in Seattle (which is soooo gorgeous), and figured we should check out Discovery Park. Not only did we get lost once, we took our stroller, which was crazy considering there were about 40 flights of stairs to get up and down at the end of the hike. The beach and the lighthouse were beautiful, and we loved frolicking on the north shoreline, but geez, we felt in over our heads. We should have come more prepared! On a positive note, we did have fun, and appreciated getting a good workout done, we met our daily step goals in no time!
Three. Preparing for a 12K race is hard! My friend, Kathy, and I are training for a 7.46 mile run happening in mid-April, and the training has been time-consuming and hard! It's been awesome to finish the longer runs each week, but with a 5-mile run looming over my head (I must complete this today or tomorrow), I'm questioning why on earth I signed up for this?! I absolutely love a long leisurely jog, but I love them on my own terms. This has been challenging for me, which I guess is a good thing.
Four. New music rocks! I'm currently in love with the new Switchfoot album, and I'm counting down the days for the new David Nail cd!
Five. Our friend Gretchen Weller was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer, she is roundabout the same age as us, has three young children, her husband is one of the worship leaders at the church Mark grew up in, and we are heartbroken for them. We can't stop thinking about their family and praying for miraculous healing - here is a community donation page if you feel so compelled. I not only think, "Why Gretchen?!", I think "Why not me?!"... Cancer sucks. I hate seeing people we love afflicted with this yucky beast of an illness.
Six. This is fun news! We are getting our kitchen remodeled. We ordered cabinets and are in the process of negotiating our final contract with the construction company. This has been an overwhelming idea of a project that we have very slowly been chipping away at. I promise to post a few photos along the way, I'm most excited to see the demolition! I can't wait to see all our gross ancient cabinetry GONE. Smashed. Where it should be... in a big huge dumpster!
| lighthouse at discovery park, seattle |
1 comment:
I love this post, Esther! Thank you for sharing your heart.
Post a Comment