Monday, October 28, 2013

Ruthie's Collage Frame


If I had all the time in the world I would do more of this... Make more after school crafts, gluing, making messes and finding creative art to construct and explore with my girls.  This was a craft idea I came across in one of my many children's art idea books that I knew we must complete!  I kept my eyes peeled for a flat surface frame that would work well, and found this one on clearance at a local store.  After selecting all the accouterments for a collage frame that a little girl could dream of, we set forth with the hot glue gun and fun.  We had a (mostly) great time assembling this - keeping Leah away from the hot glue gun, having her not eat the beads or creating chaos was a constant challenge... It wasn't until we were entirely done and ready to place the glass back into the frame that we realized that with all our distractions, we glued everything on the wrong side of the frame!  Dah!  Oh well!  Lesson learned: You can still have fun despite doing an entire craft backwards!  Isn't it darling and still very usable and fun! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

It's very adorable! Lovely job, Ruth! And if you need some framing help I know someone who would love to help you!

Lindsay Soetaert said...

LOOOOVE IT, Ruth!! Backwards is just as fun. And if I had all the time in the world (and not have to cook dinner or keep the littlest ones away from making messes) I would.... [insert a lot more creativity here] :)