Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mornings with Ruth

Most mornings I set out a handful of activities for Ruth on the kitchen table, I consider it an opportunity for me to share some of my teaching expertise with her before her formal day of preschool begins in the afternoon.  I always strive for a mixture of fine motor, gross motor, arts and fun.  Recently I have loved exploring writing with Ruth, it's an area of instruction that I passionately enjoyed while teaching and am happy to work with Ruthie on.  She is at the developmental stage where she sometimes dictates to me, but sometimes writes on her own and believes she is a "writer" (hooray!).  She loves creating little books and stories.  I love seeing that she's beginning to use vowels in her writing, and continues to identify many of the prominent consonant sounds.  Here is a great example of what remains on the kitchen table by noon.  I will miss these mornings once Ruth begins Kindergarten, but am super excited to give Leah this purposeful attention starting in the fall!



No comments: