I handed Ruthie a store toy catalog this morning and asked her to circle what she wanted for Christmas... Here is our dialogue after her circling was done... Looks like we could potentially have more crying than smiling on Christmas at our house! Though the end of our dialogue was promising! ;)
Mom: There is no way Santa can bring all the items you circled.
Ruthie: Sure he can, he'll bring them in his big bag.
Mom: We don't have enough room in our house for all that stuff.
Ruthie: Well, we can just buy some baskets.
Mom: I hate to tell you this, but there is no way Santa will bring you all those things.
Ruthie: Oh, YES HE WILL!!!!
two hours later...
Mom: Honey, you really need to just pick one or two things that Santa can bring you.
Ruthie: I can't decide, so Santa can pick what he brings!

1 comment:
So many choices. . . I kind of like her idea of letting Santa decide what to bring. I'm sure she'll pick some favorites later on. (:
Post a Comment