
Let's be honest... Life with two kids is hard work! During the last few weeks, with Mark back at work, and my being home with two kids, we are exhausted! The weekends have become a time of catching up on sleep and laundry, and little odds and ends are routinely falling through the cracks. The playroom is always a mess (see above), housework is never finished (but is it ever?) and the deskwork is piling up. With that said, we do feel like we are becoming more efficient with our time, purposeful with spare moments and utilizing resources better than ever. I suggested to Mark that if he ever felt compelled, he could apply his supply-chain knowledge to family life, by which our household would become a well-oiled machine! For example, last week, after each dinner meal, we would prep dinner for the following night, Mr. CrockPot has become our new best friend (thank you, Trina), and The Vegan Slowcooker has become our favorite book. Ask us in a few months (ok, maybe 9 months) and I'm certain we'll feel settled into a life with two kids, but for now it truly feels like twice the work that we're accustomed to!!
3 comments:
You are doing an awesome job with two kids, Esther and Mark! Hang in there, it only gets better with time and is so worth it in the long run. (:
How true this rings! I have no doubt you'll find a way to reclaim some free time through prioritizing and efficiency, and if you have any supply chain knowledge secrets please pass them on! From looking at your immaculate new yard and clean house just last week, I think it's impressive for having a new baby!
I hope you have some energy stored up to have a fun family weekend. BTW, cracks were invented to catch odds and ends which in the grand scheme of things are seldom earth shattering if omitted. Time to hone the skill of distinguishing between glass balls and rubber balls--I suspect you already have a head start over most folks!
Post a Comment