
I was up until 1 am last night. Then up at 3 am to nurse. Then up at 6 am to nurse. Then I slept in until 9 am, which was followed by cuddling with Mark, Ruthie and baby (a moment we treasured)! Now it's 11 am and Mark is at the gym, he took Ruthie to the childcare room at the gym (which she loves) and I'm home having a quiet hour with baby... Leah is such a wonderful girl. She is just starting to come alive, meaning she stays awake longer, makes her wishes known, and interacts a bit more. A few funny tidbits about her... Leah has started to take a pacifier; although, half the time she rejects its (and acts like it's gagging her), she sneezes quite a bit (which is super cute) and she loves to be held. Mark weighed himself with and without Leah in his arms, concluding that she weighs just over 6.5 pounds. Her first wellness check is on Friday, and we are eager to be validated that she's putting on weight and doing great.

Labor Day weekend was eventful for us, we had multiple family members here visiting, and with Leah being 10 days old, we felt ready for our first outings! Here is a picture of Ruth, super happy that we are out and about! On Sunday we took the girls to the pool for a few hours. Ruth and Daddy swam and swam, while Mom and Leah relaxed in the shade. On Monday we attended a close friend's daughter's 1st birthday. It was a lovely party, and both the girls had a nice time. I still can't fathom an "outing" with both the girls without Mark, but I know that day will come. Until then, and until Mark returns to work, we are embracing our family time, soaking up the last bit of summer and relishing this time with tiny Leah.
2 comments:
Enjoyed reading about your thoughts and activities--each day contains so many special moments I'm glad you are celebrating them!
Sounds like your weekend was very restful and relaxing. Sweet pictures of the two girls and their daddy. I'm sure Ruthie will be a big help to you when you have your first outing without Mark. (:
Post a Comment