We're inching closer and closer to baby's arrival! At our OB appointment last week, our doctor concluded that baby is head down, and will most likely stay put. She is growing right on schedule, and everything looks great. I passed the three hour glucose test (which was a painful three+ hour test with four blood draws), we were thrilled to hear this, concluding I do not have gestational diabetes (phew)! While Ruthie was at day camp/preschool this past week I was able to set up the baby's changing table, and began to sort through baby bins we've had stored in the garage. I have since washed swaddle blankets and baby toys, and am beginning to plan and organize where all the baby clothes will be kept. The reality is setting in that we'll bring home a new bundle of joy in less than two months time! Here is a sweet photo Mark took of Ruth and I just a few days ago... Of us all, we think Ruth is the most excited for her baby sister to arrive!By now, the baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long. Baby will gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
1 comment:
Congratulations on passing your glucose test!!!!
Post a Comment