Friday, June 24, 2011

Reality Check

Tensions have been high at our house, and as I vented to a close friend about the stresses I've been feeling, she said the following phrase, "It sounds like panic is setting in as you realize the limited time you have left to get things done". AGREE! Couldn't agree more! The worry about getting our patio done, purchasing a swing set for Ruth, taking care of two kids and a home (without the help of family nearby, and an overworked corporate husband), even Christmas shopping are rotating worries that have been filling my brain with anxiety. To be perfectly honest, I have never been one to love pregnancy, and I am feeling especially vulnerable as I gain weight and cope with the overwhelming hormones in my system. With all that said, I also acknowledge that perhaps this is all just peripheral worry as I head toward turning 30, a milestone that may be the real reason tensions have been high... I daydream of being skinny, drinking a Mojito somewhere sunny, but here I am... Taking a deep breath, smiling when I can, hoping for more sunshine, and praying we get all our "to do's" done before September when we become a family of four. Life sure can be a roller coaster ride, we're buckled up and just trying to hold on!

1 comment:

Big Sister said...

May I suggest a 'last day of being 30' party 6-27-12 with skinny mamas, mojitos and sun:)