Thursday, June 9, 2011

Conversations with Mom


Most days, if not multiple times per day, Ruthie asks to speak to the baby. Most often the conversation goes something like this, "What are you doing in there"?, "Are you taking a nap"?, or "I can't wait to meet you"! Ruthie then looks up at me and tells me that the baby is sleeping, or eating, or her favorite response, "The baby is relaxing"... We can't believe Ruthie's sister will be here in three months; we are already planning, rearranging and dreaming of her arrival. Our excitement is growing (as does my belly), and we truly have a peace that God has good things in store for our little family. As for Ruth, the adjustments have begun... Today I emptied a few small toy buckets and declared them baby toy buckets. Her rebuttal, "Hey, that tub is for 'big kid' toys"... I'm not sure she understands the enormous life change headed her way, but we know in time it will be one of the best aspects of her little life.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

What a lucky baby to have a terrific big sister such as Ruthie! It won't be much longer now!

Naomi said...

Sweet, sweet post and picture! Thanks for sharing this here, Esther. We can't wait to meet her, too! Great-Grandma

Kristy Warren said...

So cute! Ruth is going to love being a big sis. And I think she'll be a great help to you, too!

Jen said...

So sweet. These are some of the most precious moments in life!