Wednesday, June 29, 2011

30th Birthday

Mark planned a fun surprise party for the evening of my 30th birthday, and I was completely and honestly surprised!!! I'll never forget walking into the house to see Ruthie jumping up and down in her butterfly wings and tutu shouting "Happy Birthday Mommy"! I was so touched to see my good friends, their families and cheerful kids at our house on a weeknight, joined together to help me ring in my 30's. We have such a cool group of friends, I am so grateful for their presence in our lives. Thank you to everyone who helped to make my day a special one. And a huge THANK YOU to Mark for making my day as wonderful as possible. I love you!

Highlights: Auntie Jen made it to the party with her 2-day old daughter, Charlotte. This new niece of ours is such a little sweetie, we are over the moon to have her in our lives! My dear friend, Trina, babysat Ruthie while Mark took me to dinner (delicious PF Changs, yum!), set up the party, stayed afterwards to clean-up, all while watching her three kids with a never wavering smile on her face (you truly are a SuperMom Trina). Opening presents, Mark got me a new sewing machine!!

2 comments:

Kristy Warren said...

We enjoyed celebrating this milestone birthday with you!

Leslie said...

Happy 30's to you, dear Esther.