Monday, March 21, 2011

Point Defiance Zoo

This past weekend we took a wonderful family day-trip to visit the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma. The weather was perfect for an early springtime outing, and it was exciting for us all to explore a new place. Ruthie absolutely adores animals, and is often requesting trips to the aquarium, so this was a perfect day for her. We strolled the zoo for a few hours, ate our sack lunches, rode the carousel and let Ruthie play at the "Kids Zone" (the lemur picture was taken there, I think she was looking for King Julian from Madagascar). We were also able to catch a "show", which is where the dog trick video was taken. Ruthie has since asked to watch this video at least a dozen times. I wish we had taken more animal photos, but in hindsight, I'm realizing that most of the animals were just laying around basking in the sun (with the surprisingly sunny weather who can blame them?)! We can't wait to visit this zoo again sometime in the future, it's a must if you live nearby!




2 comments:

Naomi said...

Point Defiance was always one of our most favorite places to go with our kids when we lived on the West side of the Cascades. Lots of memories of those good times. Glad you had such a nice day to do this with Ruthie!

Kristy Warren said...

I love Point Defiance Zoo! It looks like you had a great day there. This post and your aquarium post reminds me of the extra outings I took Aaron on at the end of my pregnancy with Audrey. About a week before she was born we spent a Friday at the zoo together and watched the (then) baby twin tigers playing. We haven't been to any zoos or aquarium since Audrey was born. So your posts bring back memories :)