Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Blues

We have a sick kid here (awful headcold and cough), and having a sick kid always leaves us with sadness and feelings of helplessness. This winter has seemed never-ending, with either Mom, Dad or Ruthie feeling sick, the months have seemed to drag on. We tell ourselves that it's better Ruth builds her immune system now than when she has to miss school or classes in later years, but as a parent you'd much prefer your child never be sick. We also strive to only use antibiotics unless truly necessary... Which means many drawn out weeks of sickness (we want Ruth's immune system to be strong naturally). It has been a boring few days at home, watching movies (Ruthie's new favorite movie is Madagascar--Thanks Sarah) and reading books (Pinkalicious is her top choice), taking naps and cuddling. It broke my heart to hear Ruthie say, "Mom, I'm still feeling yucky"... Prayers for a speedy recovery without infection or further complications.



5 comments:

Kristy Warren said...

Prayers and hugs for Ruthie...
Please let me know if I can bring over anything!

Leslie said...

Hope you feel better soon, Ruthie!

Naomi said...

Ruthie, I'm saying a prayer right now for you to feel better really soon. I love you! Great Grandma Mathews

Julie said...

How's Ruthie???? Thinking of all of you!

Esther K said...

Ruthie definitely turned a corner on Wednesday and Thursday, but still has a lingering clearing cough! We are still staying home! :(

Thanks for prayers!!!