Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tales of a Big Girl

Yesterday I caught Ruthie's in the bathroom standing in front of the mirror looking at her teeth with the saddest look on her face... I ask her why she was sad, and she said to me, "I'm bigger now, and my teeth didn't fall out"! I had to explain at length that the tooth fairy will come when she's 5 or 6, not just when she's 'bigger'. Now that Ruthie is three, she has also explained to us that she is now big enough for Chuck E Cheese's.... And the biggest big girl news of all, Ruthie is apparently big enough now to sleep in her own bed the entire night long! It has been almost a week of full-time all-night sleeping in her big girl bed (this is cause for prize box celebration every morning). We are so proud of our 3 year old, and can't wait to see what other fun big girl moments this year will bring!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Ruthie, I'm glad your Mommy took the time to explain to you about the tooth fairy. Now that won't make you sad anymore. (:

AND, congratulations on being a big girl now and sleeping all night in your own bed! That is a big step, and we're so proud of you.

Julie said...

Love it! So glad you're capturing and sharing Ruth's precious little-girl logic. Congrats on the change in per capita in your bedroom!