Monday, February 15, 2010

Swim Class

Of all the classes Ruthie has had, swimming class is her favorite! Each Saturday we awake with excitement, as it's "swimmy swimmy day". We head off to the pool for Ruthie's parent-tot swim class, where we wade into the pool for a half-hour swim session. During each class, kids sing water songs such as Motor Boat, Motor Boat, and Hokey Pokey (You put your right hand in, and you splash it all about). She practices reaching and pulling, kicking, blowing bubbles, going underwater, jumping off the edge and the much coveted I'll die if we don't do it--slide! This weekend Auntie Hannah watched our session and took pictures, thank you!




3 comments:

Naomi said...

Ruthie, I am so happy that you're learning to swim when you've just barely turned two! Your swim class looks like so much fun for you and Mommy!

Kristy Warren said...

This post inspires me to get Aaron into swimming lessons ASAP! Looks like a blast. Ruth is going to be a strong swimmer!

The Mohs-Taylor Dayz said...

After watching the playground climbing, Amarae said I wish these
(the swimming picts) were videos :)