Friday, June 5, 2009

The Inflatable Pool

I purchased an inflatable pool sometime last fall, and thank goodness I bought it at Value Village for less than $5, because it lasted only a day. After blowing up the pool by hand, errr, should I say "mouth" (the pump was not charged), and a few hours of sunny play in the back yard...we awoke the next morning to find the pool ravished by a raccoon. The top layer of inflation was popped by claw marks on both sides of the pool, and the bottom floor layer had a section ripped out at least 2 inches x a foot. Not only was Mommy sad, Ruthie pouted in the backyard in confusion over why the pool was deflated. :( In hindsight, we should have stored the pool in the shed for the night, as we have seen raccoons in our backyard on more than one occasion. I'm glad I took a few pictures of our one-use-only inflatable pool! It's pretty obvious she enjoyed it!

4 comments:

The Mohs-Taylor Dayz said...

bummer lloks like a great pool! Awesome to have wild life in your back yard!

Levi and Stephanie Teasley said...

What sweet pictures...Ruthie could not be any cuter! Bummer about the pool, who would have thought racoons would attack a pool!

Naomi said...

Oh Ruthie! Sorry about those naughty raccoons. Looks like you really enjoyed your backyard pool for that one day. I bet Mommy and Daddy will get you another one, right?

I LOVE your swim suit! Very pretty, just like you! Great Grandma . . .

Jacki said...

Miss Ruthie, looks so happy! I hope that she gets something else to play with water!