Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Miss (sick) Ruthie

Miss Ruthie has been sick with a stomach/intestinal bug since Saturday night (waking up to a vomiting child is absolutely TERRIBLE), but she's improving every day, and I CAN'T WAIT! I feel stir-crazy staying home all day, and I feel like such a shut-in! To make matters worse, it has been raining every day, so I don't feel like going on our walks! To fill the day, I do chores, watch cartoons and read or play with Ruthie. I have also paced around looking for things to do, done the weirdest odd chores (ironing clothes from the back of the closet), raced through Nicholas Sparks books, and I haven't been out of sweatpants in 3 days! Meanwhile poor Ruthie has not wanted to eat much, needs held often, is BORED, and confused about not feeling well. I can't wait 'til she's better and we can resume LIFE and get out-and-about! Keep us in your prayers, lift our sweetie up with healing thoughts. -Esther

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Ruthie, we are very sorry to hear you've been so sick. You'll be in our prayers until we know you are ALL better! Throwing up is not a bit of fun, is it?

We are all well on this side of the mountains. Actually, we haven't been sick for a very long time . . . and are very thankful for that! We love you Miss Ruthie! Great Grandma Naomi

Lisa said...

It is not fun being sick....glad to hear she has turned the corner!

Anonymous said...

E -
Totally understand about how awful it is to wake up in the middle of the night to a vomiting baby. J had the stomach flu back in december, then graciously passed it along to the rest of us. Fun it was not. Love the pictures, and hope to catch up with you soon.
--arika