Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day Hike

On Saturday we took a short hike through a nature park near our home (which is only a short walk from our house). Turned out to be a beautiful day! The trails were great, only saw a few people and Ruthie loved it. We need to do this more often and explore the natural beauty, especially the scenery right outside our back door. We have also stressed the decision that we would like to teach Ruthie the importance of exercise and being active; and although she's still in the back carrier, what she sees and witnesses will be a part of who she becomes. I wish I had taken more photos, but here a few of the shots I captured.


1 comment:

Naomi said...

Great outdoors pictures! Looks like Ruthie is totally enjoying this experience. It's nice that you have these trails so close to your home; just think of all the summer days when Ruthie will likely be really "walking" these trails with you! (And running ahead!!) Taking time with children to get acquainted with Nature is so worthwhile and fulfilling.