Monday, September 15, 2008

A Beautiful Morning


There are moments of Motherhood that will be cherished forever!  This morning, Ruthie and I went out for a morning jog.  The air was crisp, school buses buzzed by, the sun was shining, and I felt a perfect peace in my heart.  We walked and jogged for a few miles, and ended at a park near our house for some playtime.  We had the entire park to ourselves!  We swung on the swings, read a book, and played with toys.  As we ventured home, Ruthie took a snooze, and has been happy ever since.  We made a memory that I hope is etched on my heart forever.

I was so happy to enjoy our morning, as this particular morning had me worried.  It was the first day of school for the district.  My first non-first-day of school in a very long time.  I was really afraid I would feel sad.  But God is good, and my morning was ideal.  I felt God's peace that passes all understanding and a deep contentedness in my soul.  Thank you, oh, beautiful God of ours for affirming my decision to stay home with Ruthie this school year.  I know we will make many more perfect Mommy daughter moments, and I can't wait for each and every one of them!

4 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful posting Esther! You've got me all teary! :)

Lisa said...

What a beautiful reflection on your choice to stay at home with Ruthie. You're a wonderful mother!

Kristy Warren said...

That is very sweet. :) Perfectly written and Ruthie will appreciate reading it someday.

Ty and Molly said...

I love it. The weather has been so beautiful, it makes me so greatful to experience it with Maya. PS...I left baby w/ Grama, Great Grama, and auntie Natalie for an hour & 1/2 today! I think she was overly taken care of.