Today was the hottest day of the summer here (so far), so Ruthie and I decided to cool off in the back yard once the sun went down. A cold front moved in last night and created some thundershowers, which interrupted our much needed sleep. One particularly loud thunder clap woke Esther in a panic and her instinct was very motherly...she popped out of bed and scooped up Ruthie and brought her into the bed with us. I smiled and remembered our summer in Kansas when thunderstorms happened what seemed like weekly. Every time the thunder roared, we scooted a little closer to one another. Now we've got The Ruth to comfort (although I think she may have been comforting Esther more than Esther was comforting Ruthie).
Sunday, August 17, 2008
A hot summer...
Today was the hottest day of the summer here (so far), so Ruthie and I decided to cool off in the back yard once the sun went down. A cold front moved in last night and created some thundershowers, which interrupted our much needed sleep. One particularly loud thunder clap woke Esther in a panic and her instinct was very motherly...she popped out of bed and scooped up Ruthie and brought her into the bed with us. I smiled and remembered our summer in Kansas when thunderstorms happened what seemed like weekly. Every time the thunder roared, we scooted a little closer to one another. Now we've got The Ruth to comfort (although I think she may have been comforting Esther more than Esther was comforting Ruthie).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am counting the days until Sunday Ruthie!!!!
Ruthie, you are such a beautiful little girl! We love looking at all of the awesome pictures your Mommy and Daddy share with us here. Great Grandpa and Great Grandma are so proud of you and all of your accomplishments! We love you, Ruthie. . .
That is the sweetest picture! Thinking of you guys.
Post a Comment