Monday, July 14, 2008

Trip to the Zoo

On Friday, Auntie Hannah and I took Ruthie to the zoo for her the first time! We went to a small zoo for endangered species and education, and there were many beautiful animals there. Mark and I have been to this zoo numerous times, it is one of our favorites. We had a wonderful morning in the sun meandering through the exhibits, we listened to a few lectures and had a nice discussion with the tiger trainer. She was able to convince the tigers to stroll up to the front of their cage, the species in these pictures are extremely rare in the wild. It was majestic to see. Ruth particularly liked the many birds and parrots; however, a few of them startled her with their talking and squawking (they startled Mom too)! We had a wonderful time, and we can't wait to go back!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love the last one! Ruthie and her alpaca friend. Very very cute!

Big Sister said...

Yay, I love reading your blog! We have never been to the CM Zoo and I just decided what I am going to do with the kids today:)
Trina

Kristy Warren said...

Wow! We can't wait to go to the zoo after reading your blog. Those birds and big cats look pretty awesome.

Kristy and Aaron